Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy (belated)4th of July!





I love the 4th of July! I love fireworks, I love parades, I love spending the entire day with family! This year was a little different for us but, so worth it! On Thursday I received a phone call from Kandra Lasson a girl that Rafe taught on his mission. We have become really good friends in the few times we have been able to see each other. Her and her husband Jacob were in Salt Lake for a few days for a funeral. It had been over 4 years since we had seen them. We both have had 2 kids since. Rafe had the weekend off for our anniversary so we decided to take a trip to Provo for lunch on Saturday. We meet Kandra and Jacob at Red Robin on their way home to California. Adison got car sick and threw up all over me and the car. We were able to hang out and visit for a couple hours then we headed home just in time so get cleaned up and head to the park for fireworks. It was really great to see Kandra and Jacob and their adorable kids. I was really mad that I left the camera home! All in all we had a great day and we were exausted.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I'm so glad you left a comment so I could have your blog address.
What a fun Saturday trip you had. I love those times.
Its also amazing what one can accomplish in one year.
Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Your girls are getting so big!